Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reddit- My newest source of OMG

I always find a way to procrastinate. What I'm avoiding might change, from housework to Christmas Shopping, which deserves capital letters because of the doom associated with it. Or finishing off a project I lost interest in, but spent too much cash to hide in the UFO Cupboard of Despair (which again definitely deserves capitals).

My list of avoidance techniques however are very consistent:


  • Facebook
  • TV
  • Ravelry
  • Reading blogs or searching for new ones (btw if you have a blog, link me. I'll comment, I promise ♥)
Reddit is the newest addition to my avoidance list. Reddit is a community where people submit links, information or photos and others can vote on those submissions. It's a great place to see what's popular, new or just plain funny. It's has different sections (called sub-reddits) so you can search on specific subjects. There's even crochet and amigurumi subreddits!  For Ravelry/Reddit lovers, there's a Ravelry crochet group for Redditors to share patterns and chat here

There are plenty of other sub-reddits, one of my favourites being TIL (Today I Learned). Redditors post interesting facts they learned and some of them are soo strange. For instance, pigeons can do backflips, but no-one can figure out why:




Another one I ♥ Advice Animals. Why do I love it? Because it led me to Condescending Literary Pun Dog.




So, if you're wondering why I haven't posted in a while or finished any project recently, blame Reddit. Because it's not my fault. I'm an innocent victim in all of this. 

P.S. I have finished my granny square cushion and I'm working on my Zpagetti Spiral Rug, so just wait a little longer and you'll get some visual crafty eye-candy in your stocking.

1 comment: